To provide a place where our neighbors eat and come together as one community.
- Share love, give hope and provide a sense of community to our neighbors.
- Reach out and help to meet the needs of neighbors, both physically and spiritually.
- Serve our neighbors, the privileged and under-privileged, by giving a hand up and not a handout.
- Provide healthy, affordable meals in a warm and welcoming environment.
- Eliminate hunger, build relationships, and celebrate community with our neighbors.
Table One is a non-profit 501(c)(3) established for the betterment of our community to serve the privileged and under-privileged. At the core of Table One is to be a place from which we serve a healthy, affordable meal to our neighbors, both those who have the ability to pay as well as those who under normal circumstances would not be able to eat out at a local restaurant.
Table One exists for the good of our community. An investment in Table One is an investment in people. People in need of a good affordable meal. People in need of friendship. People in need of hope and experience in the good that life has to offer.
A new way to dine. A new way to give back.
We are Table One Ministries, a non-profit, pay-what-you-can restaurant in Kenton, OH
Table One is a pay-what-you-can, non-profit restaurant. We strive to enrich the Kenton community by providing a place where people can not only eat but find their place. We are lucky enough to be located in the historic old Brunson’s building on the southwest corner of the square. We get locals and folks driving through. We meet people who need our help and are able to find food security through the services we can provide. We meet generous people who have made contributions above and beyond because they believe that food, community, and Jesus might just save us all. We are a different type of dining experience than you’re used to – perhaps one a little out of your comfort zone. We feel privileged to be a part of this town that has blessed us and we have been able to bless in return. We are Table One, and we are more than just a restaurant. It’s a new way to dine and a new way to give back. Come join us.
But how do I pay??
This is by far the biggest question we get asked! (We get it, it’s a bit confusing and no one wants to feel awkward!) At the end of your meal, bring your receipt to the back podium and you have 3 options:
- Pay something similar to what you would another sit-down restaurant. (Think Bob Evans, Dennys, etc.)
- Pay a little more to pay-it-forward. This helps our neighbor get a meal they otherwise might not.
- Volunteer an hour as your payment. This allows everyone to not only get a meal but give back and contribute.
To volunteer, what will I do?
Take orders. Wrap silverware. Set tables. Bus/sanitize tables. Help clean. Restock items. Prep food. Wash/dry dishes. Clean up. Set up. Wrap Up! No matter your experience, there is a place for your gifts and talents.
What type of food is on the menu?
We have daily specials that are always changing including sandwiches, burgers, pizza, specialty salads, soups, and much more – so make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram!